General Reservation- and Rental Conditions
These General Reservation- and Rental Conditions are part of the agreement between you (hereinafter “tenant”) and Villa in de Ardennen (hereinafter “renter”). With the reservation tenant declares to agree with these General Conditions. These conditions are an integral part of the tenancy agreement. “Villa in de Ardennen” is the trading name of Ad Leisure BV (Chamber of Commerce:30214700/ VAT: 8159.50.457.B01)
Tenant can make a reservation by Email or by Telephone. Renter confirms this reservation by means of a tenancy agreement. Within 7 days upon receipt of this tenancy agreement tenant must transfer a down-payment of 40% of the total rent. As soon as renter receives the down-payment the reservation will be definitive. After transferring the down-payment the reservation will be binding.
The down-payment, 40% of the total rent, must be transferred to the renter within 7 days upon receipt of the reservation confirmation. In case the term of payment is exceeded, renter is entitled to consider the reservation cancelled dissolved and rent the holiday house to others. The rest amount should be transferred 8 weeks for arrival at the latest. In case this term of payment is exceeded, the renter is entitled to cancel the reservation. No restitution.
Tenant is entitled to cancel the reservation in writing, at following cancellation costs:
- In case of cancellation until 42 days before arrival: 30% of the rent.
- In case of cancellation from 42 days – 28 days before arrival: 60% of the rent.
- In case of cancellation from 28 days – 1 day before arrival: 90% of the rent.
- In case of cancellation at arrival or later: entire rent.
The date of the postmark or the date of the relevant email message is decisive for determining the exact date of cancellation. Cancellation by the (main) tenant is, at the same time, a cancellation for the co-tenants.
If external circumstances (such as force majeure) force renter to cancel the reservation, the tenant will be informed in writing. The amount which has already been paid by the tenant will be refunded. Tenant has no more or other rights than the amount he/she already paid.
The deposit is € 750,00 per reservation for the villas Opaal and Saffier. The deposit for villa Smaragd is € 500,00 per reservation. Payment of the deposit is an integral part of the tenancy agreement. If tenant doesn’t pay the deposit, the renter will be entitled to cancel the tenancy agreement. In case the deposit hasn’t been transferred 7 days before arrival at the latest, the key will not be handed at arrival.
Not included in the rent: Additional costs for energy, bed linen, towels and cleaning costs. The general costs are mentioned on the website, in the tenancy agreement these costs will be specified. The deposit should be transferred one week before arrival at the latest. Payment of the deposit is an integral part of the tenancy agreement. If deposit is not transferred in time, renter is entitled to consider the tenancy agreement cancelled. The deposit will be refunded within two weeks upon departure, after deducting additional costs. In case of reservations for two or more weeks, this regulation might be adapted. If additional costs exceed the deposit, these costs will be charged separately.
Arrival and departure
The rent period is from Friday to Monday (weekend) or from Monday to Friday (midweek) or from Friday to Friday (week), unless explicitly agreed otherwise. Arrival time: between 04.00 and 06.00 pm, departure time: 10.00 am at the latest. Tenant will receive the key at arrival, on location.
At arrival a couple of practical issues will be discussed with the manager. As soon as the key has been returned to the manager, at the end of the rent period, the deposit will be refunded after deducting additional costs. Late arrival or early departure won’t lead to (partial) restitution of the rent. At departure the manger will carry out a final inspection. In case of an early departure renter is entitled not to refund the deposit.
Use and liability
The holiday houses Saffier and Opaal are suitable for max. 16 persons. Holiday house Smaragd is suitable for max. 10 persons. Tenant is not allowed to have more persons in the holiday house than the number of persons mentioned in the tenancy agreement, unless explicitly agreed otherwise with the renter.
During the rent period tenant takes good care of the house and is liable for possible damage caused during the stay. Any damage caused by an act or omission of the tenant, is balanced with the deposit, without prejudice to the obligation of the tenant to pay full damages. All damage to the holiday house, caused by an act or omission of the tenant, must immediately be reported to the renter. Unreported damage will be charged to the tenant.
Renter is not liable for defects and operation of technical installations and equipment. Repair or replacement won’t lead to (partial) restitution of the rent. Renter will make sure repair and replacement will take place as soon as possible. Smoking not allowed in the bedrooms. Pets are allowed in consultation: € 10,00 per pet per night.
It is not allowed to wear shoes in the wellness room, the sauna and the swimming pool.
The house must be left broom clean, meaning:
- All crockery, cutlery must be cleaned and stored, refrigerator and coffee machine must be emptied, drier: empty fluff filter, empty water reservoir.
- Windows and doors must be closed.
- Opaal and Saffier: CH at 15 degrees.
- Smaragd; radiators at * (=antifreeze)
- Don’t leave any food.
Renter can’t be hold responsible for personal injuries or damage, theft or loss of property of tenant. Furthermore, renter is not liable for any damage to tenant or co-tenants during their stay in or around the holiday house or caused by using the swimming pool, sauna or any other device.
- The network may not be used to distribute, consult and/or download spam, viruses or illegal software. – to provide access to yourself and/or others to networks, computers, information or (peripheral) equipment that are not intended for public use. – for conduct that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, intimidating, fraudulent, harassing or annoying.
- No attempts may be made to gain access to unauthorized services, user accounts or computer systems in any way.
- The network should always be used in such a way that this use causes no conflict with national legislation and regulations.
- Sending information (including e-mail communications) via the network is not secured and may be subject to loss, interception and/or alterations to the information. Users are advised to at least use an antivirus program and a firewall. Users are also advised to use a VPN connection if the user intends to send confidential or sensitive information via the internet or connect to a company network.
- Use of the network is entirely at the risk of the user. The network provider is not liable for damage incurred by the user as a result of using the network.